Friday, December 21, 2007

3.99 - The One with Rock Band

I put in a pre-order for Rock Band for my XBox 360 in late November because I couldn't find Guitar Hero 3 anywhere. Little did I know that the distributors for this game would have so much trouble getting it out for Christmas. It was already delayed from the released date for Nov. 19th in the States. Anyways, I was keeping track of the stories that were floating around online and on message boards about this issue. Nothing really was concrete, there were a lot of rumors about the actual release date. FutureShop and Best Buy would be getting them before Christmas, but they weren't going to sell until after, EB Games was hoping to get it on the 20th, or the 24th, but only in limited supply.

So I went into EB Games where I pre-ordered and paid for the entire package hoping that would put me at the top of the list and I'd get my Rock Band when it came in. I called them yesterday, and they only got the stand alone game...not the Special Edition that came with the guitars, drums, and a mic. They told me to call the next day to find out if they would get any in...they assured me that they would be able to fulfill their pre-order list. I went to Wal Mart and they also only got the stand alone game and didn't think that they would even get the Special Edition in. So today I called EB Games and they told me that they were getting 14 units in and they checked if I was in the top 14. I was not...I was 9th from the bottom. They said that I would be getting mine after Christmas. I was not impressed.

On a hunch I called up Wal Mart and asked if they had the Special Edition...they told me they just got them in and they had 3 for the XBox 360 and 3 for the PS3. I got off my butt and rushed to Wal Mart. As I approached the electronics department I saw a guy carrying out an XBox 360 edtion of Rock Band...I prayed that there would be one left for me. Luckily there were 2 more left so I promptly paid for it. Now it's in the back of my SUV waiting for me to open the beast of a box that it comes in and rock out! I'm still kinda ticked at the distributors of the game...but now I'll have 2 copies of the Special Edition next week...I'm looking to sell one...so if you know someone that wants one for the XBox 360...let me know.

2 comments:

L.Bo Marie said...

wooo hoooo! band practice starts when?

T said...

we can play whenever you are available to play!