Tuesday, April 03, 2007

3.23 - The One with the Padawan

We've taken in a co-op student for the semester here at the office. He's a keen young lad who is eager to learn. I've been given the task to be his Jedi Master, thus making him my Padawan learner. One problem...he annoys the heck outta me.

He tends to sit behind me and stare...makes me kinda uncomfortable. Then he leans closer and breathes on me..that's just creepy. He likes to interrupt any conversation I have with anyone else in the office hoping to be included in the discussion when he has no part whatsoever. When I give him a task to do...he'll do it and then he expects me to watch him do it. He talks out loud when he works, so I'm not sure if he's talking to me...or to himself.

I'm not trying to be mean...I've been very patient...it's been about 2 months now and he's starting to push me over the edge. He's gotten to the point where I get the joy of teaching him basic HTML...wish me luck.

0 comments: